- Improve communication skills in a multinational and global business environment
- Improve language skills to transferees for a smoother adjustment to living and working abroad.
For the corporation:
For the employee:
- Assurance of more successful and productive overseas assignments.
- Reduced risk loss on expatriate investment.
- Acquisition of a firm foundation of language skills.
- Knowledge of foreign culture.
- Necessary communication skill in the corporation's multinational setting.
The language program is a comprehensive and integrated system of courses that leads the participant from novice to a professional proficiency, and maintains that level. The courses share a common teaching methodology and system of testing for the purposes of placement and evaluation.
- Group Classes: on-going, long term and cost efficient format that allows language training for a larger number of employees.
- Semi-Private: two co-workers with shared objectives and schedules (assessed at a similar level).
- Private: for the busy employee or frequent traveler. This format allows for maximum flexibility and most student talking time.
- Intensive Instruction: for those who need to reach a specific language level with a limited timetable.
FOUR LEVELS OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Novice: no experience or speech limited to memorized material.
Intermediate: can create with language, ask and answer simple questions on familiar topics, and handle simple situations or transactions.
Advanced: can narrate and describe in past, present, and future time/aspect, and handle a complicated situation or transaction.
Superior: can support opinion, hypothesize, discuss abstract topics, and handle a linguistically unfamiliar situation.